[sebhc] Cutest little H8 you've ever seen

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Sun Jun 6 14:48:14 CDT 2004

Hi Guys,

This is so cute, I just had to take a picture and share with you:

  http://www.dunfield.com/pub/pocketh8.jpg

This is the H8 simulator loaded up and running (with HDOS booted)
on my pocket PC. A functioning H8 will full front panel in the palm
of your hand.

It's also kinda cool in that it is an example of an emulator running
under an emulator: XSCALE-ARM -> 8086 -> 8080

Btw, I have also posted a minor update to the simulator:

 - Some Corrections to the README file suggested by Jack

 - I have fixed a problem where B=0 (start with breakpoint at 0)
   would cause the speed calibration to fail - B=0 is very handy
   if you want to enter the debugger before running ANY 8080 code.

 - I have changed the default value filled into unloaded memory
   locations to a repeating pattern 0x00, 0x76 (NOP, HLT) instead
   of just 0x00 (NOP) - this prevents the simulation from running
   "wild" and eventually executing an invalid misaligned stack pop
   across the FFFF-0000 boundary which traps recent PC processors.

http://www.dunfield.com/pub/h8.zip

Regards,
Dave
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield
com             Vintage computing equipment collector.