[sebhc] CPM

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Tue Jun 8 11:58:49 CDT 2004

>From: "Carroll Waddell" <CarrollWaddell at sc.rr.com>
>
>By the way, do you have a diskette (hard sector) that will boot to CPM?
>If you do, could you make a copy of that. I still don't have a boot
>diskette.
>I'm going to try Dwight's program to create one, but I'm sure my drive
>will even work. I'd like to have a diskette that I know will work.
>Carroll

---snip---

Hi Carroll
 Make sure that the pullies are clean on the drive. Even
little tiny lumps stuck to the main pully will cause
write and read failures. I generally drag the edge of
a knife ( not really sharp ) along the pully while running.
This knocks any rubber or oxides from the surface of the
pullies.
 This is something that is often overlooked when bringing
up a machine that has been sitting for some time. Also
watch the strobe wheel while the head loads. If the pattern
slips, it is often an indication that the belt is stretched.
One can tighten the motor mounts a little to fix this.
 Make sure that only one drive has the terminator and
that the terminator is the correct type. I forgot to check this
and ended up damaging two disk ( luckily I'd made images ).
Dwight