[sebhc] Forth disk

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Tue Jun 22 17:54:01 CDT 2004

Hi Jack
 Things like meta compiling are considered "Black Belt"
but I copied this meta compiler from one of the FIG listings
when I was first starting. As with most Forth compiling,
things are single pass. This means that for something like
Forth, there are quite a few post patches. I've since
written my own meta/target compilers. I usually make them
a lot cleaner. Still, this one does work.
 Leo Brodie's book is a fun book to work from but
it is also fun to just dig in and play with stuff before
spending too much time with a book. Also, you'll then
know, better, what things to pay attention to.
 I hope to get the three basic setups running before this
weekend because I'll be off to Yosemite for the weekend.
As long as something else doesn't get in the way, I should
be able to patch the console functions. I can see it loading
into memory and running a loop, looking to send the signon
message.
Dwight

From: "Jack Rubin" <jack.rubin at ameritech.net>