[sebhc] Forth disk

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Tue Jun 29 11:56:39 CDT 2004

Hi
 I've sent a file called FIG4TH.ZIP to Steve to put
into the ftp site. It includes images that have been
confirmed to boot on a H8 w/ H8-4, H8 w/ H8-5 and H89.
Please read the README. There is important information
there. When using my H89TRANS program, make sure
to set the volume override to 0. These images will
not work if you use the volume from the image as
though it were a HDOS disk.
 I'd like some feedback from those that try it out.
It is mostly FIG Forth with a few custom words that
I've entered. Since the full source is there and
the meta compiler is there, one can change what
ever one wants. For this reason I just left stuff
there.
 As an example, there is a word PRINT that uses the
parallel port that I made. It is not compatable
with the Heathkit parallel port ( mostly because
I've never seen one ). One could easily rewrite
that word to handle a Heathkit parallel port. I
wrote it in code level but one could write it in
high level as well. You have the power to do what
ever you please.
 MAKE SURE TO SET THE VOLUME OVERRIDE IN THE TRANSFER
PROGRAM TO 0 ( zero ) FOR ALL OF THESE IMAGES!!!!!
later
Dwight