[sebhc] Speed trials.

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Mon May 17 07:56:28 CDT 2004

I hooked up the other half of the RS-232 PC interface, and was able
to load and run software on my H8 and talk to it from the PC...

So, I decided to do a speed test, and the emulator comes out just a
bit faster than the actual H8.

I loaded BHBASIC and run a simple 1-10000 loop:

 10 FOR I=1 TO 10000
 20 NEXT I

In my real H8, I timed this at about 42 seconds.

On the emulator:
----------------
P3/733 takes less than one second (had to measure).
486/100 took about 7 seconds.
A 386/33 turned in a score of about 50 seconds.

So I think even the lowest end 486 (25) it would run
faster than real time.

When I get a chance, I will add the calibration routines
to control the CPU throttle to simulate real time performance
on all machines.

Regards,
Dave
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield
com             Vintage computing equipment collector.