[sebhc] Power switches, etc.

Walter Moore waltm22 at comcast.net
Mon May 17 19:23:00 CDT 2004

I currently have 3 of the 8" Remex drives up and running, and could give a
shot at transferring the 8" data to a PC or to 5.25" disks once the group
order of disks comes in (Are they HDOS format?).  If you ever want to sell
the 47, I'd gladly help you out :)  I'd also gladly take a look at it if you
wanted.  I've found it very valuable to have extra units to swap when
testing.  I'd just need the drives, not the entire unit.

One thing to note about the Remex 4810 drive is that it really doesn't care
if the slave drive is a Remex 4820 or some other drive.  It just talks via
industry standard control signals.  If there is communications to the
controller on the 4810, you can take any other 8" drive and make them SY0:
and SY1:.  I have various 8" drives that I am going to be testing out as
soon as I make an adapter cable.

..walt