[sebhc] unpacking and ressurecting...

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Thu May 20 06:48:49 CDT 2004

Hi Steven,

>>Ok - well how about some pictures? I'd love to see the details of the
>>original H8 - is it much different than later ones?
>
>I wish I had a digital camera.   :-(

A regular camera will do - just scan the photos afterward. If you don't
have a scanner, send them to me and I'll scan them.

>But this is the first "production" unit .. what they called a "proof" unit.
>So visibly, it's very similar.  Some differences are:
>  The finish on the shield metal is different.
>  The boards don't have that layer of green coating.
>  A lot of the chips (particularly the CPU and memory chips) are the ceramic
>and gold package, not the black plastic type.
>  P10 was never installed on the bus board.
>  There are a few jumper wires on some boards that later boards wouldn't
>have (or need).

This sounds like a very unique and interesting H8.

Were there differing revisions of production H8's? If so, how can you tell
which one you have, and where it fits into the production history.

>It's current status:  After bridging the open power switch, and warming it
>up on the variac, it came up and ran the memory test successfully.

Excellent!

Regards,
Dave
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield
com             Vintage computing equipment collector.