[sebhc] H8 Emulator update

Steven Parker sp11 at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 20:38:08 CDT 2004

>I've gotten a bad DK.DVD error with the same system image
>on other occasions (using real disks) - these images are all from Dave
>Shaw/Wallace and may be corrupted.

No, the HDOS 2.0 images are ones I made, from a real, pristine, distribution
set.  Interesting you'd seen that before though.  I still haven't found my
spare disks but maybe someone else might want to look into it with a real
system.

>If you would, please tell me how you are dumping real disks to binaries,
>even if it is a quick and dirty hack. I've got more stuff I'd like to
>try in the emulator, including some original HDOS disks.

I use the H8 "dump" (aka suprdump, diskdump, etc) program to display sector
contents to the console, which is actually another computer capturing the
output.  I then run the dump through a stream edit script which converts it
into program data, and excuting the program produces the binary.  I figured
I'd find disks with better tools on them soon and/or someone would post
some.

Speaking of tools, I'm really looking forward to seeing Eric's "fstool".
Might you post it soon, Eric?