[sebhc] h17 and h8d disk images

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Wed Sep 1 17:03:19 CDT 2004

>From: "Dave Dunfield" <dave04a at dunfield.com>
>
>At 19:15 01/09/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>>Dave says:
>>>Then we don't have to maintain two copies of everything.
>>
>>We don't .. all the new submissions are in the .h8d format.  And we have
>>'disktool' to do conversions.
>
>Ok - my point is that if people are concerned that the header information
>is lost with my format, then perhaps it should be stored as .H17 and use
>"disktool" to convert it to H8D as required.

---snip---

 Hi Dave
 The only issue with headers ( other than exact replica of
the interleaving ) is the volume number. As you know, HDOS
places this number in a convenient place on track 0 so that
isn't an issue. My transfer program is HDOS friendly and
will look at this info as a default.
 At least to this point, all of the CP/M disk seem to work
with the volume number set to 0. I'll know more when I get
a chance to download a bunch of the images that Dan has posted.
 For those using my transfer program, ( you should of course read
this in my documents ) it allows you to set the volume number.
To my knowledge at this point, the volume number for the
CP/M disk should be 0. Like I said, I'll be checking this
out and let those know if I find anything different.
Dwight