[sebhc] HDOS Issue #50.05.00

Mark Garlanger garlangr at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 23:49:36 CDT 2004

I would like to keep the hardware untouched - I just got
my H89 (I had one back in the '80s) and it currently only
has the 1 100K internal drive, but I should be getting a
soft-sectored controller shortly ;-), so I'm just looking for
some more media until that comes through.

I currently have an H77 external case and an 3.5" 720K floppy drive
awaiting the soft-sectored controller.

Also an H87 with one H17-1 & one H17-4 drive should be on route,
Since this should arrive much sooner than the soft-sectored controller,
I'll be able to connect this to the hard-sectored controller (have the
BIOS-80 software that supports the H17-4 at 400K).

I also have a lead on two additional 96tpi drives, unfortunately this
are full-height so I'll only be able to use one in the H77 with
the soft-sectored controller. This should give me enough
flexibility once everything gets delivered.

If everything goes as planned:

H17 controller - 2 x 100K, 1 x 400K
H37 controller - 1 x 3.5" 720K, 1 x 5.25" 640K and one
                          open 1/2 height bay.

            Mark