[sebhc] Z37 Calibration

Mark Garlanger garlangr at verizon.net
Sat Apr 9 15:20:58 CDT 2005

Hi Lee,

  Were you able to get the disk back in the mail?

I tried to install the second controller in the computer but had a problems
with a loose connector (the 25 pin one) and was unable to get it to install.

Do you know how long it should take to format one of the soft-sectored
drives, or what steps the program does? It sounds like it's formatting for
just over a minute and then it states "Unable to format this disk." almost
immediately. What's interesting is when it's configured as a 96 tpi drive,
it takes about 68 seconds before giving the error message, and it when it's
configured as a 48 tpi drive it takes about 34 seconds. This implies that it
failing during some type of verification step.

		Thanks,
		  Mark