[sebhc] OS (was: Boot ROM) modifications

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Wed Aug 10 12:57:28 CDT 2005

>From: "Dwight K. Elvey" <dwight.elvey at amd.com>
---snip---
> I think the Forth and the screens disk are on
>the ftp but if not, I can make some images and
>send them in. I don't think I sent in the meta
>compiler disk.
---snip---

Hi
 I just checked what I have on the ftp and I
did send in the meta disk images as well.
I see that I also have images for both the
H8-4 and H8-5 serial cards.
 Anyway, look at the source code for SAVE-SELF
on the meta disk ( I think ) for how to write to the
disk's first sector. You can do this on a DOS machine
with something like Xtree but it is easiest to
look at the disk from Forth on the Heathkit.
The source disk are all in block format ( typical
of many early Forth's ) and are not easily read
by DOS.
Dwight