[sebhc] IC information

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Sun Feb 27 14:57:47 CST 2005

You can probably get one at Radio Shack, it's just a 7905, in an appropriate
case (probably TO-220, but 7905's come in lots of different case styles)(the
letters don't matter).  Very, very common and inexpensive part.  Online


[there are many others]

These don't fail often, and they usually fail "open", which might not screw
up the 8080.  Look for another problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: sebhc-bounces at sebhc.org [mailto:sebhc-bounces at sebhc.org] On Behalf Of
Glyn Firth
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:40 PM
To: sebhc at sebhc.org
Subject: [sebhc] IC information

I have just began to rejuvenate my H8 system. I have discovered that the
-5volt voltage regulator on the CPU board is bad( I assume the 8080A is also
cooked) The part # is 79MGT2C. I have checked some places on the net and
found the IC, but most have a min order of a $100 or so.Does anyone know of
a source for this IC?

Delivered by the SEBHC Mailing List

More information about the Sebhc mailing list