[sebhc] PAM8AT historical info

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Thu Jan 27 18:14:14 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 03:52:46PM +0000, Steven Parker wrote:
> 1. Was it ever a heath or hug product?  And what was its part number?

I thought HUG offered it.

> 2. If so, do you have a production chip?  This listing may have been a
> prelim version.

No, I never owned an H8.  Part of the drive behind PAM8AT was
to run in the Heath Employees Amateur (radio) Repeater, where
it needed to boot with the front panel out of reach.

> 4. And what does "AT" stand for?

AuTomatic.  My first hack was PAM8GO which simply loaded the
correct start address so it only took one button press to boot.
I didn't realize it was ever made public.