[sebhc] H-47 disk drive

Lee Hart leeahart at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 14:03:38 CDT 2005

> I may have located a Remex drive that you may be able to get...

There is one other possibility. When my slave Remex H47 drive died, I
found that a standard 8" drive could replace it if I made new cables for
the data and power connectors. All the normal signals were there; just
on different pins.

If the master drive died, that is more of a problem. It might be
possible to keep the old board with the microcontroller, but connect it
to a different 8" drive -- but I never tried it. When my master H47 also
died, I just gave up on the whole thing and got a CDR disk controller
and drives. That setup is still working today!
--
Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong
reasons.