[Fwd: Re: [sebhc] IC information]

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Sun Mar 20 06:17:33 CST 2005

>I replaced the regulator, all the voltages to the 8080A are correct. But
>the old H8 will not boot up. I feel that the Rom ( IC 204) was fried
>also. Any ideas?

I have not checked the schematics, however it should not be a big deal
to make an adapter to allow reading the ROM via a standard ROM socket
(you will need to jury-rig a -5v supply if the H8 ROM needs it).

PAM8 is only 1k in size, and I think the code is in the archive site.
If not I can send it to you - you can also use my H8 simulator to read
it in the debugger for the purposes of comparing it with the content
of your device.

If you need to replace it, you should also be able to make an adapter to
replace it with a larger/more available ROM quite easily.

Regards,

--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield