[sebhc] Z-37 Diag Disk

Lee Hart leeahart at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 22 22:46:42 CST 2005

Dan Lanciani wrote:

> |> What happens when you try to format?
> |
> |It goes through all the motions as if it worked; drive selects, motor
> |runs, head load, head steps all the way thru the disk. When it finishes,
> |it tries to verify and finds no data.
>
> Does the disk so created read ok on another system?

No, it does not. However, it *is* writing something on the disk; it is
no longer blank. So, I've concentrated more on getting it to read, since
I can stick a disk in the drive, tell it to read, and hunt through it
with a 'scope. Trouble is, it's some kind of timing abnormality, which I
can't see with a simple scope.
has!" -- Margaret Mead
--
Lee A. Hart  814 8th Ave N  Sartell MN 56377  leeahart_at_earthlink.net