[sebhc] H89

Mark Garlanger garlanger at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 23:14:34 CDT 2006

Hopefully, you saw which components lost their magical smoke, so that
you can replace them with new ones that still contain the smoke. ;-)
I think the archives have some documentation on the H89, but here is
some basic information.

The simpliest mode is when the 'off-line' key is in the down position,
upon power on, it should beep once and then function as an H19
terminal.

With the 'off-line' key in the up position, it's a functional
computer. When powered on, you "should" hear 2 beeps (although there
are reasons you could hear one and still be ok) and an "H:" prompt
should appear. (There is a dip-switch on the cpu board to auto-boot,
but since the manual actually recommends not to set it that way, there
is only a small chance it would  auto-boot. )

Once you get to the H: prompt, your options vary depending upon with
ROM is installed. All of the ROMs have the 'B'oot option (once you
press 'B' the oot will be displayed). Press return at this point to
attempt to boot from the first drive on the primary controller.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Mark