[sebhc] PAM8 in HEX
dave06a at dunfield.com
Tue Aug 22 05:52:10 CDT 2006
> Does anyone in the group have an Intel HEX format dump of the PAM8 ROM
It's easy to extractt this from your H8 (or my simulator).
On my simulator (which you can get from my web site):
1. Run H8 which will present you with the main screen.
2. Mount an output tape "file"
- Press F5, then 'O'
- If you have no .H8T files in your directory it will go directly
to the input prompt, otherwise press F2 to enter a filename
3. Select the starting address (000 000)
# 040 000 / 000 000 /
4. Select the ending address:
# 003 377
5. Write the selected region to tape:
6. Exit the simulator and you should have a new .H8T file
containing the PAM8 image.
7. Use my H8T utility to translate this to a .HEX file:
H8T filename.H8T filename.HEX <- Motorola format
H8T filename.H8T filename.HEX /I <- Intel format
To do it from a real H8:
1. Connect the H8 serial port to your PC serial port.
2. Select serial output on the H8 interface board.
3. Use H8T to read the serial stream directly into a .HEX
H8T COM1: myfile.hex [/I]
4. Select the region and write output on the H8 as described
in steps 3-5 above.
dave06a (at) Dave Dunfield
dunfield (dot) Firmware development services & tools: www.dunfield.com
com Collector of vintage computing equipment:
Delivered by the SEBHC Mailing List
More information about the Sebhc