[sebhc] H89 Power-up problems.

Mark Garlanger garlanger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 12:10:19 CDT 2006

On 7/9/06, Lee Hart <leeahart at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Another possibility is that your bridge rectifier is bad, and that only
> 2 of the 4 diodes in it still work. This makes it a halfwave rectifier
> instead of fullwave, with a resulting drop in in voltage and current
> capabilities.

This appears to be the issue. They were a little hard to get the probes to,
but it appears that D103 and D104 are bad. My DMM has a 2K/(diode picture)
in the resistance selection. At that setting, for those two diodes,
the resistance
would start in the hundreds, then slowly (~10 secs) work it's way up past 2K.
The other diodes would almost always started greater than 2K, although D101 and
D102 would sometimes show 1.8K but quickly show over 2K.
I'll just replace all 4 of those diodes when I take it apart.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Mark