[sebhc] Re: Cassette software tapes for H-8

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Mon Jul 31 20:53:11 CDT 2006

The memory chips are either 1K x 4 or 4K x 1, I think that the Heath boards
used 1Kx4 and these are Texas Instruments TMS4044's.  There are a number of
substitutes for these (2147 mainframe static memory cache chips are the best
substitute, but are expensive; the MM5257 is another substitute.)  The 1Kx4
chips were TMS4045's, and were also more commonly sold as 2114's (their
Intel part number), but I think that the Heath boards used the 1Kx4 chips.