[sebhc] Third Party drivers/support files

Glenn Roberts gfroberts at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 4 18:12:34 CST 2006

i have the software for NOGDS Color Graphics board.  Mine is the H-8
version (HA-8-3?). I think i have only HDOS hard sectored media as I
recall, perhaps that was something you had to specify when you ordered
it?? I think I got mine directly from Heathkit. Unfortunately my H-17 is
running on only one disk and even that can be flaky with the 20 year old
media i'm using.  But I'll see if i can get it running soon - it would
be good to have the software preserved on the SEBHC site.

as for the board itself it hasn't worked in a while.  It was fully
socketed for all the IC's. while that sounds cool (easy to replace any
defective chips) I've always wondered if that contributed to the failure
- so many connections to get dirty!  It's somewhere on my "to do" list
(a long list)

On the subject of getting my H17 working again, i have a couple Tandon
TM100-2A drives. Has anyone set up an FAQ on how to re-jumper "PC"
(360K) style drives to replace the standard ones that shipped with the H17?

- Glenn