[sebhc] Third Party drivers/support files

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 5 11:59:53 CST 2006

Hi
Most of the time, cleanning the heads will bring things back to life
Making sure the belt isn't slipping and making sure the surface of the
flywheel
is smooth and clean. Make sure the head stepper moves the heads easily
as well.
Also make sure the disks rotate smoothly in the envelops.
I find that on old disk, I can rotate them a number of times in the envelops
and they work fine. If it seems that the disk isn't rotating, removing the
disk from the envelop can make the difference, as a last resort.
The only time I've not been able to read disk is when the were written
on by a bad drive or were physically damages.
Dwight