[sebhc] ET-3400A Eratta Book

Luposian luposian at cox.net
Mon Feb 19 04:12:54 CST 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Paul A. Pennington wrote:

>    I'm currently repairing one of these I just bought and thought
> there might be something helpful in there.  I see we have the ET-3400
> basic model in the archives but not the A model.  There are
> significant differences. I'll try to work on scanning my docs later.

The ET-3400A I got was pretty dirty and all it would display is all 8's
across the display.  I tried pulling every chip and reseating them, to
no avail.  I finally gave up and decided to just hose it down (with a
garden hose and spray nozzle) and make it a nice, CLEAN, non-working
ET-3400A.  Well, after letting it dry out a few days and making sure it
was dry on the inside, I plugged it in and turned it on...

"CPU UP"

To say I was shocked (surprised, not electrocuted!), is an
understatement.  I was absolutely amazed!

Apparently the dirty residue on the board was shorting something out.
Just my $0.02, in case you might have a similar situation on your
hands.  Good luck getting yours working.

Now, if only I could learn how to program this thing, it would actually
WORTH something to me!  Anyone got the time to teach a know-nothing
like me how to press all these weird buttons in the right order to DO
something useful with this thing? :-)  I've got training books and
manuals for the thing, but none of it makes any sense to me.  I need a
tutor!!! :-D

Luposian
"Sometimes a garden hose is all you need."