[sebhc] H90

Carroll Waddell carrollwaddell at sc.rr.com
Thu May 10 19:30:24 CDT 2007

Does anyone have any troubleshooting experience on Heathkit H89? I
bought 2 (neither will work) hoping to be able to repair and keep at
least one.
I've swapped the terminal logic board with the one in my H19 terminal,
so I know the TLB is ok. The CPU board had several blown tantalum caps,
and I've replaced those. All the voltages check out ok with little to no
ac ripple. With a scope, I can see activity on the address and data
lines but I still get no display on the CRT (except the blinking
cursor). The TLB does give 1 beep when the power is turned on. (The same
thing my H19 does)
It's difficult to troubleshoot when the only thing visible is suppossed
to be on the CRT screen.

I suppose it could be in the serial port interface.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Carroll