[sebhc] Are the gods friendly?

Walter Moore waltm22 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 27 17:10:54 CDT 2004

Two lab power supplies, one HP 1662 logic analyzer, a Tektronics 4 channel
scope, logic probe, pulser and current tracer, meter and whatever else, and
I'm ready to figure out why my old Remex 8" disks (which haven't been used
in almost 20 years) would not step.

In the end, what the drive really needed was a $5 can of a good synthetic
lubricant.  Cleaned the rails for the head, lubed them per the manual, and I
managed to boot from an 8" drive for the first time since maybe '84.

So maybe in a couple of weeks when I get back into town I can see if there
is anything of interest on the old 8" disks.  I did have the original H19
source code on disk at one time, compiled for Microsoft's M80 assembler.
Does anybody know if it is OK to post this?  I also have a version which was
much improved that I wrote.

I also have the complete HDOS 2.0 source listings which I was planning to
scan at some point (it was only $195 back in '81).  Is this something that
should be done?  Does somebody already have it in source format?  Can we
post it?

Also, I have an HP 6270C (hum, I always thought it was a 6250...) scanner
which I hardly ever used.  This was a SCSI and USB 1.1 scanner with document
feeder.  If anybody wants to give it a try and a new home, I will be happy
to send it their way.  I cannot at this moment guarantee that it works.  I
still have the machine I used it on.  I will try and hook it up to see if it
still works.  The software that came with it was for Windows 98.

..walt