[sebhc] Internet Archive Gets Exemption re:Vintage Software

Eric J. Rothfus eric at rothfus.com
Wed Aug 18 20:53:37 CDT 2004

A message was just posted on a CoCo (TRS80 Color Computer)
mailing list regarding the copyrights of vintage software.
I've reviewed the web-site referenced and it appears to be
VERY applicable for 5 1/4" media users, particularly those
with hard sectors :-)...

This site details the important exceptions to the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) that apply to vintage
works.  Check it out:
   http://www.archive.org/about/dmca.php
this links to:
   http://www.copyright.gov/1201/docs/librarian_statement_01.html