[sebhc] H89 stuff

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Thu Jul 29 12:13:35 CDT 2004

---snip---
>>From: "Peter Shkabara" <peter59 at sbcglobal.net>

>>Next item would be the creation of assembled disk images. I have source code
>>and CP/M or HDOS object code. However, I can't read the CP/M or HDOS disks
>>on my XP PC machine - or can I?
>>
>>Peter
---snip--

Hi
 I forgot to mention. If the disk are softsectored and your
PC can handle that format, you can read and write them.
For hard sectored, you'd need some special hardware.
Even for soft sectored, most PC can't read/write single density.
You also can not write a 48tpi disk with a 96tpi drive
and expect them to work on a 48tpi drive. You can
read 48tpi disk on a 96tpi drive though.
 It is unlikely that your XP machine support much of anything
other than double or quad density.
Dwight