[sebhc] hard sector substitute

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Tue Jun 29 18:19:17 CDT 2004

Hi Lee
 I believe it can be done if one also includes a slight
shift, based on the write gate. If it sees the write gate
turned on, delay the hole slightly longer with a one shot.
This way, the read has a little more space between the
hole and the sync byte. One just needs to be careful
to not overlap with the previous data for the read but
there is a reasonable gap for the previous data to the hole.
I'd have to look it up to see how long it was in uS.
 One would also allow a little for speed error. The other
thing is that this delay would be greater for holes in around
sector # 5 because the average rotational rate is usually
quite constant ( at least when seen from my strobe wheel ).
 These disk wouldn't be easily moved from machine to machine
but they should work reasonably well on the same machine.
Dwight