[sebhc] logging into the archive

His Excellency, Robert robert at ameritech.net
Wed May 5 20:37:52 CDT 2004

Hi Dwight,

Your in a pickle!  I'm assuming the "firewall" is on your end/side of
the network/internet?  What some FW admins will do for "special" people,
is to create an account on the firewall box, allow you to telnet to the
firewall, login (restricted), and ftp from the firewall to the outside
world.  The files are then ftp'd to the firewall, and then re-ftp'd to
your "inside" client destination.  Sending files out to the archive,
would be just the reverse, ftp'd from client to firewall, then again
from firewall to the archive.  Not elegant by any means, but it works!

You might be able to bribe your FW Admin with a WM Shatner Autograph,
chocolate, or get him/her interested in sebhc!

Just Bob!