[sebhc] More on Emulator progress

Mark Garlanger garlangr at verizon.net
Mon May 10 20:27:11 CDT 2004

Hi Dave,

> Regarding Mark's questions:
>
> > Why not work on Dave Wallace's emulator?
>
> Because this emulator requires the latest/most bloated/viral winblows and
> is therefore useless to me... No point going further into this discussion,
> I simply have no interest in being involved with such a project.

Understandable... the majority of my boxes are running Linux.

> > What platform are you making this for?
>
> DOS - will also run on all versions of Winblows, Linux DOSemu, SoftPC on
> a Mac, and even PocketDOS on my handheld (that looks really cool - pocket
> PC with an H8 front panel on it!) - It's written using my own C compiler
> which does not employ any "tricks" that cause compatibility problems. I
> run my code on all platforms listed above (and more) with no known
problems,
> so the emulator should run anywhere that supports plain old DOS.
>
> Don't bother telling me why you think it should be a wintendo game - I
> really don't expect everyone to like it. It's free... if you don't like
> it, you can delete it and be out nothing - I won't mind.

You're not going to hear that from me, one of the things I would like to see
with the emulators is running across a wide range of equipment/OSs, it looks
like yours is going to cover that, although it doesn't look like PocketDOS
is
available for the Palm ;-)