[sebhc] other image formats

Jack Rubin jack.rubin at ameritech.net
Tue May 25 09:48:12 CDT 2004

> Jack says:
> >>Additions?  Corrections?
> >how about the H67 - 10 mb hard drive,
>
> I don't think this was ever a software distribution format!

I don't see any reason to be limited to historical formats. It would be
very useful to create a "partition" based on contents such as editor,
assembler, linker, debugger, etc. as a single image that wouldn't
necessarily conform to an existing media size. I'm looking forward to
(new) mass storage devices supported via a true HDOS driver that could
directly mount such images.

In the case of such an image, size would not be predetermined and some
sort of header would be necessary.

Jack