[sebhc] H17 DRIVES

Carroll Waddell CarrollWaddell at sc.rr.com
Sat May 29 18:02:01 CDT 2004

I drug out my old IBM documentation and did a little soldering on the
circuit board. Now the drive will select properly, speed test is ok,
write gate test is OK, but the overall test described in the H17 manual
doesn't run right. Comes to 037 306 instead of 037 365. The only thing
it says is test the speed and write gate. Both are correct. It might
actually work if I had a boot diskette. I bought some through ebay, but
they look like they were in someones junk box. No sleeves, dirty, etc. I
do have 3 or 4 that looked good. BTW, this drive does have the
termination resistor pack in it, and it is the last one on the cable.
Jumpered as SY0.  When my old system was working, I had 3 drives. I
can't tell which lines were used to select drive c, but I remember
having drives A, B, and C when I was running CPM. Maybe someone has the
documentation for the three drive enclosure.
Carroll