[sebhc] HDOS Issue #50.05.00

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Wed Sep 1 13:40:39 CDT 2004

>From: "Steven Parker" <sp11 at hotmail.com>

>> >It was renamed to HDOS_1-6_Issue_#50-05-00_890-1-5.h8d
>
>Dwight said:
>>  I believe is was originally a 1.0 but was later patched to 1.6
>>level. The HDOS10 that Dan just posted seems to be #50-03-00.
>>I don't see any indication that this had any patches applied
>>so it is probably closer to original.
>
>No, I created the 50.05.00 image from an original distribution disk with
>write-protect tab still in place.  The printed label on the disk actually
>says HDOS 1.0 but when you boot it it displays 1.6 on the screen.  This
>makes sense now that we have 1.5, and it's issue 50.04.00.  I'm assuming the
>new submissions are also unpatched original distributions just like the
>50.05.00 is.

Hi Steven
 This makes more sense. I just assumed it was patched because
the label said 1.0. I guess they where just saving cost of printing
labels. I don't have it right in front of me but it seems like
the 50.05.00 was hand stamped on the label as well.

>Cheers,
>
>- Steven
>
>P.S. I renamed the HDOS and HUG submissions to conform with the other
>archives and be more descriptive.  All the duplicates of the HUG disks
>matched byte-for-byte except one of them, which I have set aside and may
>look into more thoroghly later.

 It is good to get a nice cross compare. I believe the originals were
all converted from the h17 format. I see that you renamed them already.
You are really fast ;)
 For others, I should note that there appear to be 11 new images
so for those trying to keep things up to date, one should download
what is new( thanks Dan and Steve ). I just have to finish making
my sector hole punch. Then I can have enough disks to use for
all of this great stuff.
Dwight