[sebhc] Re-creating actual floppies from archive

John Maxwell maxwell at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 13 11:58:50 CST 2006

Gentlemen,
    I forgot to mention that I think that one of my H89s uses two
half-height soft-sector-controlled drives and the other two use the
standard single hard-sector-controlled drive. I am trying to remember
from when these arrived which was which, I was told, but my memory is a
bit foggy - it has been a long time (> 4 years!) since I put these up on
the bench. Each passes the internal memory test (several octal passes,
too!) :-)

    I would very much be interested in the utility to bootstrap the
machine(s). Please send the link and I'll get started this upcoming
weekend! I have at least one machine dedicated to file transfer and it
boots DOS v6.22. I use Kermit and other communications applications on it.

    Thanks to both for your responses and your help.

    Take care,
      -John