large schematics - was RE: [sebhc] H-89 bus pin out Help

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Tue Mar 14 11:50:33 CST 2006

There is a solution but it's not a good one.  There are large document
scanners that can take extremely large sheets (more than 4 feet wide in some
cases, and of unlimited length).  I was able to get the Z-100 schematics and
some of the Z-217 drawings scanned that way and I have them and have made
them available in that format .... JPEGs of the full-size sheets in a single
scan at high resolution (300 or 600 dpi)(yes, the file sizes are large).
You can find some of these on the Harte site.  It's the right way to do it,
but you need access to a large document scanner, and very few of us have
this (I don't, it was done for me by an associate at a university, but this
resource is no longer available to me).  Kinko's here has such a scanner,
but they charge $30 per page to use it (seems outrageous since there is no
out-of-pocket "cost" to them.  They have the price set so high that I won't
do it, which reduces their revenue).

Barry Watzman

Watzman at neo.rr.com

  _____