[sebhc] ROM images, sebhc ftp

Jack Rubin jack.rubin at ameritech.net
Fri Apr 16 07:53:56 CDT 2004

Steven,

I can dump the ROMs from my H8 as a text file using DBUG - not pretty,
but I expect you're kind of used to that! My system is a "classic" so I
can provide PAM8 and H17; Eric Rothfus has a Z80 running so he should be
able to come up with PAM37, but I don't know about PAM8GO.

What format is best, given the DBUG options - octal, byte, word, etc.? I
did take a peak at the H17 ROM last night and saw the JGL HEATH tag at
the end - with all that extra space, he could have squeezed in another
function!

I was really hoping to come up with clean files that could be used to
reburn functional ROMs, which is why I was after chip types - I don't
want to destroy my working set with the wrong voltage or pin settings. I
wouldn't mind a copy of PAM8GO myself - it would preserve my keytops!
Sounds like this is what Carroll will be able to provide.

I also have the source listings for several of these ROMs, but I'm
assuming you want the actual dumps rather than the listings.

Jack