[sebhc] Power transistor 417-282 equivalent?

Robin England robin.england at dial.pipex.com
Tue Mar 14 13:57:17 CST 2006

Thanks Joe.

BTW thanks to you (and others) who suggested replacing the bridge rectifier to get rid of the hum bars I was experiencing (back in January). On my working Z89 this has indeed cured the problem. In the end I used a KBPC10-005 (50V / 10A) which I got from Maplin (code AR82) here in the UK. I have replaced the molex connectors rather than soldering them (I'd like to keep the computer as 'original' as possible!).

Thanks again

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Joe Smith 
  To: sebhc at sebhc.org 
  Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [sebhc] Power transistor 417-282 equivalent?

  My old yellowed book says it is a MJ2841, should be able to cross ref with NTE or one of those.

  At 07:13 PM 3/14/2006 +0000, you wrote:

    Does anyone have an equivalent for the power transistor used as a 53v regulator on the H/Z89 video board? The transistor is a NPN device in a TO3 package and is marked 417-282. On the silkscreen of my video board (85-2453-1) it's shown as Q213 but is shown as Q204 in the schematic I have (as mentioned previously). Mine has gone s/c emitter-collector. :-(
    Thanks in advance
  Joe Smith
  Conbuilder debugger /Programmer

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sebhcMaillist.heathkit.garlanger.com/sebhc/attachments/20060314/707614e2/attachment.htm>

More information about the Sebhc mailing list